Wednesday, 22 February 2017

The minefield that is protein!

So as i said in my last post i am trying to make better choices and get more protein in my diet. 
first off let me start by saying trying to find the right protein is a freaking mind field!!! Seriously why is it so hard?  I spent many nights googling different brands and reading reviews and i finally settled on My Protein.  

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Food is always better than a substitute, if you get a lot of protein from your diet don't add more, natural food is always better for you! 

I wanted this to be a little protein idea post! These are my Instagram posts, check it out for more ideas. 
Protein Pancakes - 
1 egg 
1 banana
 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
 a little vanilla essence 
Protein Shake -
1 scoop of chocolate protein 
200ml milk or almond milk
3 ice cubes

As i keep repeating i like to make better choices and i won't be giving up the sweet stuff , this is why i love Lenny & Larry's complete cookies because i get my sweet fix but they aren't that bad for you.  They come in several different flavours.  up to now i've only tried three, Birthday Cake, Chocolate Chip and Double Chocolate.  My preference is Birthday Cake, then Double Chocolate and i would skip the Choc Chip! 

Servings: 1/2 cookie

Macros per 1/2 cookie
190kcal / 8g protein / 27g carbs / 6g fat 
Does not contain
No Cholesterol
No Dairy
No Egg
No High Fructose Corn Syrup 
No Sugar Alcohols
No Trans Fat
Non GMO
Nothing Artificial 
Soy Free

Protein balls are a great treat to have made up in your fridge for when you need that sweet snack or you feel peckish, I stole this recipe from Laura Gril Gainz, she has a ton of recipes on her page and the ones i've tried are great...check her out! 

Servings: Makes 10 balls 
Macros per ball: 
77kcal / 5g protein / 6.5g carbs / 3.5g fat 

Ingredients:
30g oats 
40g protein powder of choice (I used cookies and cream flavour but chocolate, white chocolate or vanilla all work well in this recipe) 
35g cashew butter
15g honey
1 tbsp water
1 Hershey Cookies & Cream Bar 

No comments:

Post a Comment